At Sensible Development we make every effort to make the intake process as simple and efficient as possible. Please contact our office at (401) 348-9400 to discuss your child’s needs. Our staff will do their best to answer all of your questions and help determine the most appropriate type of service for your child.
After speaking with our staff, you will be asked to fill out and return the new client packet or one can be mailed to you. Once we receive this packet, and any other requested information, you will receive a call to set up your child’s first appointment.
We will be happy to discuss our financial policies and payment options with you at the time of your call, however we strongly recommend that you check with your health insurance company to learn the specifics of your coverage.
A few questions to ask your insurance company are:
- Does my plan provide coverage for my child’s occupational, physical, and/or speech therapy?
- How many visits are allowed under my insurance plan?
- If my child needs several therapies (OT, Speech, PT), will the same number of visits be allowed for each?
- Are there any exclusions or limitations to therapy coverage?
- Do I need a doctor’s referral or doctor’s order to initiate services?
- Does my plan require pre-authorization of services?
- What are my out-of-network benefits?
Your health insurance company will be able to inform you of your level of coverage and what, if any, copayments, coinsurances and deductibles will be your responsibility.
Insurance benefits for therapy services will be checked and reviewed by our billing staff prior your first visit to the clinic. It is important to note that benefits which are quoted to you or to our billing staff are not a guarantee that therapy will be covered. Please remember that you are ultimately responsible for any services not paid by your insurance company.
New Client Packets
If you have already contacted Sensible Development and want to download the new client packet, please click the button below and enter the provided password to gain access to the page containing these documents.